Search This Site

Like That | 2012 Movie & Music Wrap-Up

December 9, 2012

Sometimes years blur together and when you look back it's hard to distinguish one from another. Sometimes I can't remember which year something happened. A couple of weeks ago I hung out with a very dear friend and at one point we were remarking on how it'd been way too long since we last saw each other. He was trying to figure out how many years it'd been. 

"Inception. When did Inception come out?"

"I don't know."

"I don't know either but that's the last time I saw you." 

Standing in a circle of people in a parking lot debating what happened in Inception was the last time I saw him. Turns out it was 2010. I could see a freeze frame of that moment in my mind but without the internet I had no idea when it was. 

So it was kind of funny when I stumbled on these 2012 movie and music mash-ups. There's the internet again, reminding me what movies and music came out this year. But my favorite part of the mash-ups is that they're their own art created out of pre-existing things. I often feel that way about photography. I'm taking things that are already out there in the world and putting them through my filter, showing them to you in my way, and turning them into a new piece of art. 

So without further delay, here are my favorite 2012 movie & music amalgams. 


(Yes, that music one is only pop music. But try to sit still while listening to it. I dare you.)

©2012 Kristin Serna This post should not be republished without my permission. Merci beaucoup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

© 2010-2016 Kristin Serna. Do not copy or re-use any content without permission.