Search This Site

What I Saw: New York City Transportation in Photos

November 9, 2010

This blog isn't that old but I'm going to try mixing things up a little.

Welcome to a new feature I'm calling What I Saw: Places.

A friend had mentioned that it was interesting to watch me explore a place with my camera and then see the photos that result from the experience. Of course theoretically everything posted here is what I saw of people, events, places, and things. So for now I'm focusing What I Saw on pieces of travels. First to be filtered this way is New York City - and, more specifically, New York City transportation.

New York City is huge. Big buildings just continue to line your field of vision without seeming end. And when you have a ton of buildings, you usually have a ton of people. NYC is no exception. And if you're looking to be crowded with lots of those people in an area that's just a bit too warm underground, well then you're in luck - New York has a subway. Sometimes people even step off a subway car and accidentally tackle you. Don't worry; it's obviously so you have interesting stories to tell later.


If you need a bit more fresh air but still don't mind being absolutely surrounded by people, you can get to some places by boat.




Need some more personal space? Like roller coasters?
Maybe watching infomercials in the back of a taxi is a better fit for you.


Sometimes you can't get a taxi though.

And you don't take the train because you don't need to go that far. Besides if you had a train to catch, you'd probably miss it because you were too busy staring at Grand Central's chandeliers.

That's fine. There's always the most reliable form of transportation (and with New York City traffic - possibly faster)...


Just walk it out.

Next up... another slice of NYC. But you'll have to come back to see what it is.

©2010 Kristin Serna This post and these photos cannot be republished without my permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

© 2010-2016 Kristin Serna. Do not copy or re-use any content without permission.