It was cold outside, but we wanted to take some photographs. So much light was beaming through the window. It was easily settled; inside it would be. They'd agreed to model for me so I could spend some more time working with a new lens. They said they didn't know what to do with themselves. I told them to hug. This was followed by suggesting silly things, making some jokes, and then next thing you know we're all having a blast. I watched them genuinely enjoying each other's company. And I worked the new lens magic. It was a double win.
Then he surprised us all.
Weeks later he used some of the photos for a video in which he declared his love for her, talked about their future, and asked her to marry him. I may have fought back tears when he later showed me the video. It turns out they had very few photos of themselves together, so the mini, spur-of-the-moment, lens-testing session meant more than I could imagine. It's something to always keep rolling in the back of mind.
P.S. You may have noticed I'm trying out pointy edges on my photos. Some people may call them "normal" edges. They may be winning me over. Definitely takes a step out of the processing.
©2011 Kristin Serna This post and these photos cannot be republished without my permission



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.