Search This Site

Indian Wedding Amazingness

June 28, 2011

Last time I showed you the funtastic (yes, funtastic) mendhi night of my dear friend's super amazing wedding weekend. Plus the photo in Happy to Be Here was of the invite to this wedding. And now, we finally come to the wedding itself. It started with the baraat, which is the groom's procession to the wedding. It included lots of people, a horse, and live music. I was at the end of the route where everyone was sauteing in the heat, but that did nothing to squash the palpable excitement. It's so easy to be swept up and feel like you're really a part of something.



I was reveling in all the colors and the details of everyone's clothing. 






















The program was a personalized overview of everything that was taking place in the ceremony and the meaning behind it, which was much appreciated. It all struck a chord with me; the words beautiful and amazing kept coming to mind in their truest sense. I feel light and airy just thinking about it. Excuse me while I ground myself. You can look at these photos while you're waiting.

Ok. Feet back on the ground. As you can probably tell, I took most of these from my seat. It was really nice to be there in an unofficial capacity where I could slide back and forth between getting lost in the moment and capturing some photographs of it for later deep sighing. I only have a blurry cellphone photo of the reception but trust me, it was as amazing as everything else if not more. 

See, thank you so much for inviting me to be a part of you're incredible celebration. Pardon my mush when I say that your kindness and conviction are an inspiration. And I hope your time in Greece was the break both of you definitely deserved. 

©2011 Kristin Serna This post and these photos should not be republished without my permission. Merci beaucoup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

© 2010-2016 Kristin Serna. Do not copy or re-use any content without permission.